Based in Madrid, Spain
1 April, 2014
UFHO2 is a competitive game that looks like a mix between a strategy and a board game. In turn-based fashion, you play an alien who is moving about a labyrinthine UFO made of dozens of rotating hexagonal rooms, trying to outsmart your opponent in the effort of getting first to some Gems that spawn in the spaceship. Play an alien navigating a maze of hexagons in this competitive mix between strategy and board game. Plan your next turn, think fast, act faster, and outmanoeuvre your opponents by predicting their moves. If you are into strategy and tactics, UFHO2 will put your brain to the test! In this sequel, things get bigger and better in every way: new stages, more board layouts, all new characters, new game modes, more powerups, and tons of Achievements and Leaderboards.
At the beginning of 2010, game designer and programmer Ciro Continisio and composer Francesco D'Andrea joined forces to create a small and agile team to work on a sequel to U.F.H.O., a web game created in 2008 when Ciro was working at web agency Visual Creative Studio in Rome. Things went slow after a while, but Ciro continued to work on a prototype of the now called "UFHO2" and eventually he launched a Kickstarter campaign for UFHO2 in December 2011. The campaign ended 2 months later in a success, and development of UFHO2 officially started. Unfortunately, due to longer development times and a wrong schedule the team ran out of funds after one year, and the work of UFHO2 had to be stopped again in early 2013. After finding some funds to complete development, Ciro started a new development rush on the game, and the game was released in April 2014. By the end of the year the game was available on iOS, Android, and desktop through Humble Store. In early 2015, UFHO2 was finally Greenlit and has been released on Steam on June 1st 2015.
- Story Mode, with 10 unique planets, for a total of 30+ matches
- Local Multiplayer mode - outwitting your friends is more fun when you can see the disappointment in their eyes.
- A wonderful original soundtrack, by composer Francesco D'Andrea
- 10 different alien races to unlock, each with its own in-game power - 6 guests from other indie games (World of Goo, Super Crate Box, Bit.Trip, Blocks That Matter, Gish, Cortex Command)
- Tons of Achievements and Leaderboards on Steam, iOS and Google Play - show your friends who rules the UFHO!
AI Gameplay YouTube
1vs1 Local Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Successful Kickstarter campaign" Kickstarter, 11 Feb, 2012
- "Nominated for Upcoming App of the Year 2012 on SlideDB" SlideDB, 23 Dic, 2012
- "A simple yet devilishly difficult strategy game"
- Chris Priestman, IndieGameMag
- "An interesting puzzle game with a nice concept and some depth"
- Alessandro Zampini, IGN Italy
- "The sequel is hoping to bring the title’s unique brand of brain busting to the masses"
- Blake Grundman, 148apps
- "A great addition to my library"
- Vincent Paone, Dad's Gaming Addiction
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
The Kickstarter campaign to finance UFHO2, started in Dec 2011 and completed successfully on February 11th 2012 kickstarter.com.
Request Steam codes on distribute()
Use this link to request a Steam promo code through distribute() dodistribute.com.
About Tiny Colossus
Tiny Colossus is essentially Ciro Continisio, a one-man team devoted to make games that are not necessarily big - but surely great. To start tiny is better than not starting at all.
More information on Tiny Colossus, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design/Programming/Everything else, Tiny Colossus
Music and SFX